The client had a high level of fresh food wastage and had no way of predicting demand or taking action to solve it. They had a lot of data but no way of drawing insights from it and no infrastructure on which to build a waste management model.
- Stock entry level per day.
- Daily sales (receipts).
- Product expiration date.
- To improve the functioning of the supply chain, they have a stock optimiser that allows them to manage stock levels in each shop.
- In the commerce department, the client uses a promotions recommender, which provides information on what kind of promotions have worked best in the past.
- To improve the performance of brick-and-mortar shops, they are equipped with a layout suggestion application, which recommends where products should be placed in the shop, or which products should be placed together to improve sales.
- To track progress, they now have a dashboard that presents an overview of key waste indicators. With this data, management has a better understanding of how and when process adjustments are needed.
Nucleoo's waste management model improved the Dutch supermarket chain's financial performance and operational efficiency by reducing food waste through optimised stock levels, promotions, and in-store layout, with progress tracked via a dashboard.